To rank in the search engines for the for a phrase like “Newport Beach houses for sale” you will need to optimize your website and content for this specific keyword.
To Rank means to be on a page of search results that google has deemed valuable or helpful based on your search query. Of course, I think, page 1 of Google.com, Bing.com and Yahoo.com are the best locations.
Here are some steps you can take to improve your ranking:
- Use the keyword in the title and description of your webpage. These elements are often used by search engines to understand the content of your webpage and determine its relevance to a specific search query.
– Only display the keyword one time not a bunch of times thinking that will help you.
- Use the keyword in the headings and subheadings of your webpage. This helps search engines understand the structure and hierarchy of your content.
- Use the keyword in the body of your webpage, but be sure to use it naturally and avoid overloading your content with the keyword.
- Use the keyword in the URL of your webpage. This can help search engines understand the content of your webpage and improve its ranking for the keyword.
- Promote your webpage on social media and other platforms to increase its visibility and attract more traffic.
- Monitor your keyword ranking using tools like Google Analytics. This can help you understand how well your webpage is performing for the keyword and identify any opportunities for improvement.
The Best Tracking Tools
Use one of these 4 platforms to track your rankings in Search Engines:
Nightwatch.io – the most accurate tool that I have found so far. There is a 14 day free trail so you can test it out.
Spyfu.com – I like Spyfu for competitor research. I’m not convinced that their ranking tool is helpful for me.
Ahrefs.com – I use it when I want to check for broken links or where a term is ranking in the search engines. It has a lot of metrics that I don’t use. I like a quick go to view.
Semrush.com – is a big search tool like Ahrefs. Take their free trial and evaluate it.
RankIQ.com is my most favorite tool of all. It can show me rankings through the Google Search Console and compare the last 28 days, 6 months and so on. But it does more than rankings. It helps me to know what Google is looking for in terms of content and titles and more. It does that by analyzing the top 30 results. I’m blown away every time I use it.
It’s important to note that ranking well in the search engines is a combination of many factors and optimizing for a specific keyword is just one aspect of a larger SEO strategy.
I am an affiliate for RankIQ.com and may earn a small commission if you sign up for their program.
View of RankIQ.com for Search Rankings
They pull the results through Google Search Console for your website through your account.
Spyfu.com Search Ranking and Competitors
Spyfu.com when I’m tracking Keywords for a Client
I would check out all 4 ranking tools and make the best selection for you. Watch the video on RankIQ.com’s home page to learn how it works. I love this tool.
In a future post, I will share with you a new tool that is in beta that write content better than the popular tools like Jasper.ai, Copy.ai and the others.