Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
SEO for real estate agents gives you insights into what it takes to have a strong online presence in order to attract potential buyers and sellers.
One key aspect of building a successful online presence is search engine optimization or SEO. By optimizing your website for search engines, you can improve your chances of ranking well in search results and driving more traffic to your site.
In this article, we will explore 21 tips for SEO that real estate agents can use to improve the visibility of their websites and attract more business.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your website is easily found by people searching for properties in your area.
Review the Top 21 SEO for Real Estate Agents
- Use local SEO techniques: Optimize your website for local search by including your location, address, and phone number on your website, and by creating local citations and listings on directories such as Google My Business and Bing Places.
- Optimize your website for mobile: More and more people are using their phones to search for properties, so it’s important to make sure your website is mobile-friendly. Check changes you make on your website on your phone to make sure it is readable. Then, use GTMetrix to how fast your website loads for mobile vs desktop.
- Include high-quality images: Real estate is a visual industry, so make sure to include high-quality images of your properties on your website. Use the Webp format instead of JPG or PNG. Check out the free tool at https://www.pixlr.com/x/ for how to do that. It’s simple.
- Write compelling and informative property descriptions: Use your property descriptions to highlight the features and benefits of each property and make them as informative and compelling as possible. Focus on being helpful to the reader.
- Use header tags: Header tags (H1, H2, etc.) help to organize and structure the content on your website, making it easier for search engines to understand and index your pages. When using Header tags, use a well structured outline. I’ve seen people use multiple H1 tags or too many H2 tags. Be an OUTLINE PRO: Use ONE H1 tag.
- Use alt tags for images: Alt tags help search engines understand the content of images on your website, which can help your website rank higher in image search results. Plus, it is good SEO for real estate agents to use the ALT to your benefit. Explain the image in the ALT tag for Americans with Disabilities so they understand the image.
- Use internal linking: Internal linking helps search engines understand the structure and hierarchy of your website and can also help improve the user experience. In your articles, link to other pages on your website so the readers keep on exploring your website. Some of the links in the article go deeper into the site and others take you to websites to off our site.
- Use external linking: External linking helps to show search engines that your website is a reliable and trustworthy source of information.
- Use social media to drive traffic to your website and improve your SEO. Know which social media your future customers are using. If they are not on Snapchat or TikTok, then stop using those. If you need help with this, hire a company that provides SEO services for real estate agents.
- Use Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a free tool that allows you to track the traffic to your website and see how well your SEO efforts are paying off. I use Google Analytics to fix pages and understand what visitors are searching for on my real estate website…then I create content for that topic.
- Use Google Search Console: Google Search Console is a free tool that allows you to see how your website is performing in Google search results and to identify any issues that may be affecting your SEO.
- Use SEO-friendly URLs: SEO-friendly URLs are easy to read and understand, and they can help improve your website’s ranking in search results.
- Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions: Title tags and meta descriptions help to tell search engines what your website is about, so be sure to include relevant keywords in these tags. Make the Title CLICK-able. Run the Title through “Share Through Headline Analyzer” and see how it scores.
- Do not stuff keywords in your titles or descriptions or even your article. I see this all the time. Agents will stuff people stuff keywords in the Title like Phoenix Homes | Phoenix Homes | Phoenix Homes. This just gets you penalized….it bad for SEO.
- Do not CAPITALIZE words over and over again. Make all blog posts and pages of content in WordPress in a writing style like this so people can read it.
- Use fresh and unique content: Fresh, unique content helps to show search engines that your website is active and relevant, which can help improve your ranking in search results.
- Use a sitemap: A sitemap is a list of all the pages on your website, and it helps search engines to crawl and index your pages more efficiently. Most add-on tools like Rank Math or Yoast SEO have this built in. These two tools are in WordPress.
- Use a fast and reliable hosting provider: A fast and reliable hosting provider can help to ensure that your website loads quickly, which is important for both SEO and user experience.
- Use an interactive real estate search tool like ShowcaseIDX. Read more about it on this website in the article Why I Choose ShowcaseIDX.
- Do not use #hastags on blog posts or in content on your website. It does nothing.
21. Low Competition Keywords: Video
Summary of SEO for Real Estate Agents
In conclusion, these 21 tips can help you improve your SEO for your website and drive more traffic to it.
By optimizing their website for local search, making it mobile-friendly, using long-tail keywords, and including high-quality images and compelling property descriptions, agents can improve their chances of ranking well in search results.
Additionally, using header tags, alt tags, internal and external linking, social media, and SEO-friendly URLs can all help to improve the SEO of a real estate website.
Finally, by using tools like Google Analytics and Google Search Console, agents can track the success of their SEO efforts and identify any areas that may need improvement.
By following these tips for SEO for real estate agents, you can take your superhero power back online. Applying these tips increases the visibility of your website to attract more potential buyers and sellers.